One of my favorite go to’s!!! It’s super easy and a quick dessert to make for a special event. It does take over night to set or at least 6-8 hours.
- 1/2 pound of Semi Sweet chocolate chips (Can also use white chocolate chips if you don’t like chocolate)
- 5 Tbsp of water (cold)
- 5 eggs separated
- 1 TBSP light rum or Madagascar Vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat the chocolate chips in a double boiler once the water is simmering with the cold water.
- Remove from heat
- Beat the egg yolks into the mixture (1 at a time). Then add the vanilla paste or rum.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg whites and salt until it forms a soft peak
- Gently fold egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into pot de creme or creme brûlée cups and let set in the fridge overnight.
For the whipped cream topping:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 TBSP sugar, 2 Tsp. Vanilla bean paste.
- Beat all together in mixer until stiff.
- Place on top of chocolate pot de creme once it’s set.
- As always, enjoy! 🥂 🍫