Who doesn’t love a good smoothie? There’s always that concern that the smoothie isn’t healthy and contains too much sugar. Well, I have a recipe that will keep your sugars low and your tummy full. This one is one of my favorites. It’s chocolate, smooth and full of flavor. I like this one because it’s my meal replacement but is easy for people who don’t like breakfast. Once mixed all up in the Vitamix, it’s sensational!
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 Cup almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein (I use iso pure 100 chocolate brownie)
- 1 TBSP Cinnamon -I like a lot
- 1 TBSP nutmeg – I like a lot of this too
- 1 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of collagen peptides (I use Sports Research)
- 1 TBSP MCT oil (I use Sports Research)
- 4 oz of nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1-2 Cups of spinach or kale
- Blend all together in whatever order. Might need more or less depending on what size smoothie you want. I make about a 40 oz shake so that way I can prep them to drink later or the following days. If you save it for another day, just put it in a shaker cup and when you drink it later, shake it up well so you get all of the sediment off of the top.
I know what you’re thinking… “man that’s a lot of stuff.” Ya. It is, but it’s delicious. Sometimes I won’t add the spinach or kale, but the added spices and cocoa powder really make this shake. I love a good banana and chocolate shake and the MCT oil does a great job of getting my digestive tract going and helps get my essential oils for the day. I have become obsessed with my collagen peptides. They have completely changed my nails and hair. The growth and shine in my hair is insane and my nails are so much stronger! The yogurt and kale help keep me fuller longer so I lower my calorie intake for the day and start the day on a healthy foot. I have fruit smoothie recipes too that are killer. I’ll post those for you all later.