I love a good peanut butter cookie. There is something so magical about these cookies.. I think that they take me back to my childhood and always only wanting the center part because of the Hershy Kiss. Here is my recipe for you to enjoy! It makes 42 cookies!
- 1/2 Cup of Butter (or EVOO or coconut oil)
- 1/2 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk or almond milk to make it slightly healthier
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1- 3/4 Cup AP flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 Cup white sugar for decoration after cookies are finished baking
- 9 oz bag of Hershy’s kisses (unwrapped obviously)
- Preheat your hot box (oven) to 375 F and grease them cookie trays!
- In your kitchen aid or mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream together that buttaahhh and white sugar! This takes about 5-10 minutes for a perfect consistency. The longer, the better for the creaming method!
- Beat in the egg
- Stir in vanilla, almond and milk
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, sift then incorporate into the wet ingredients
- Stir in that peanut butter goodness!
- For the perfect rounded cookie, use a small ice cream scoop for a more moist, thick cookie, otherwise roll them into about Tablespoon sized balls. I use a spoon to measure the cookies so that they are all consistent.
- Make sure to roll the cookies into the sugar before placing them on the cookie tray
- Place 2 inches apart so that they don’t combine together
- Bake them thangs for 8-10 minutes. Remove and place those chocolatey kisses in the center. Allow to bake for 2 more minutes then remove and let cool.
- Take photos, send them my way and I hope that you enjoy them as much as I do.
I’m currently working on a healthy version of these that will be more macro friendly and easier on that waist line but I think these are one of those types of cookies that you just embrace the unhealthiness and that is perfectly fine. It’s ok to cheat every now and then. Balance, I repeat, balance. Now, get to baking and send me your results!